Sunday, February 14, 2010

Salmon with Lemon, Capers, and Rosemary & Ozo















I wanted to find something that would use up the rest of the capers so I made this salmon.  It's a Food Network recipe, and I pretty much followed it to the letter.  The only difference was that instead of making a foil packet for each filet I lined a pan with foil...then after everything was all put together I placed foil over the top of the pan.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/salmon-with-lemon-capers-and-rosemary-recipe/index.html

This was the first time I ever made orzo.  I thought it turned out great.  I wanted to do something a little different than rice with the salmon.  I needed a bunch of different herbs for other recipes for the week and I HATE wasting the extras.  This was a yummy way to use more fresh herbs.  The recipe calls for parsley and dill.  I used a few tablespoons of parsley, a tablespoon of rosemary, and a tablespoon of basil.  You could really use whatever herbs you like best.  I didn't add parmesan in at the end, but I did top Anthony's with a little shredded cheese :)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/orzo-with-herbs-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment