Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chicken Breasts with Roasted Lemons and Capers















I found this recipe on foonetwork.com when I was looking for some healthy recipes....

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/eating-well/chicken-breasts-with-roasted-lemons-recipe/index.html

We eat boneless/skinless chicken breasts a lot, so I am always looking for something different.  I really liked how this turned out.  Roasting the lemons and then adding them to the dish made the sauce less tart than most lemon chicken recipes, but it still had a ton of citrus flavor.  I made some angel hair pasta to go along with it.  I cooked the pasta according to the directions on the package.  Then in a small sauce pan I heated 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium low heat.  I added 3 minced cloves of garlic, a quarter cup of chopped fresh parsley, the zest of two lemons, and salt and pepper to taste.  I let that simmer for about a minute and then added a quarter cup of white wine (you could also use chicken broth).  Then I added the pasta and tossed it to coat it in the sauce.  You could add a pinch of crushed red pepper when you add the garlic if you like a little heat.  You could also top the pasta with some shredded parm :)

The only down side to this meal was that it's not something you can put in theoven or on the stove and then leave.  It doesn't take very long to make, but if you have little ones like I do this is the sort of meal you should make when someone else is home to handle the kids while you concentrate on dinner ;)  If you are flying solo when you make this I suggest doing cutting and chopping ahead of time so they are ready to go when you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment