Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pepperoni Twists















I made these for my hubby on Super Bowl Sunday. Very simple and oh so yummy :)



1 Can refrigerated pizza dough
2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
4 oz. sliced pepperoni
Garlic powder (optional)
Shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
Your favorite marinara sauce or pizza sauce for dipping.

I lined a baking sheet with foil and then sprayed it with cooking spray. Then I unrolled the pizza dough and covered half of it with a cup of shredded mozzarella. Then I layered sliced pepperoni on top of the cheese. Then I covered the pepperoni with the remaining cheese. Then I folded the half without any toppings over the half with toppings. I pressed down on the dough a little so everything would stay put. Then I used a pizza cutter to cut 1 inch strips. Then I twisted the strips and placed them on the baking sheet. Then I dusted them with garlic powder. If I had some shredded parm I would have sprinkled that on too. I followed the baking instructions from the dough (425 degrees for 13 minutes). I warmed up some pizza sauce for dipping and they were ready to go. This made 8 twists which was enough for two or three people to share. If I was making these for a party I would probably cut the strips in half to make smaller twists.

No comments:

Post a Comment