Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Erika's Swiss Chicken















Erika made this for us after we brought Lena home from the hospital, and it was so good I had to try to make it. I didn't make it exactly to her recipe...partly because I made a few changes...and partly because I didn't read the recipe right. I used thin sliced chicken breasts to cut down the cooking time, I added garlic salt and pepper, and I doubled the amount of cheese (because there is no such thing as too much cheese). The original recipe only calls for a cup of stuffing mix...but somehow I read a BOX ;) So the amount of butter had to be increased. Luckily it turned out great. The chicken is really moist, there's a great amount of cheese, and the stuffing has a soft layer and then a crunchy top layer.


I think I might try a dairy free version of this with no cheese and golden mushroom soup instead of the cream of chicken.

4 Thin sliced skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Garlic salt & Pepper to taste
8 slices swiss cheese
1/2 can (10.75 oz) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
2 tablespoons milk
1 Box chicken Stove Top Stuffing mix
5 tablespoons butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350 degrees


Arrange chicken in a greased 12x8x2 baking dish. Season to taste with garlic salt and pepper. Top with swiss cheese slices (two per chicken breast).

Combine soup and milk and stir well. Spoon mixture over chicken and sprinkle with stuffing mix. Drizzle butter over crumbs.

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment