Sunday, January 24, 2010

Golden Mushroom Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, and Sauteed Spinach With Garlic & Bacon
















Golden Mushroom Chicken


2 to 4 chicken breasts
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 TBS worcstershire sauce (optional)
1 can Campbell's Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
1/4 can of water
Garlic Salt and pepper to taste

Heat 2 TBS olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper and brown in the pan (I like to cut the chicken into bite sized pieces before cooking it, but you can leave them whole). Add sliced mushrooms and worcstershire sauce and cook for five minutes. Add Golden Mushroom soup and a quarter can of water and stir. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.

We usually have this with rice or mashed potatoes.  The sauce is thick enough to use as "gravy" for the mashed potatoes :) 
 
 
Mashed Potatoes for Two....and a half
 
I like to use red potatoes, sour cream, butter, and salt for our mashed potatoes.  If I'm feeling really crazy I'll add a little shredded white cheddar too :)
 
 
Sauteed Spinach With Bacon & Garlic
 
We had a bag of baby spinach so I decided to try a little something different.  I cooked two pieces of bacon in a pan big enough for the spinach.  Once the bacon was cooked I removed it from the pan and set it aside.  Then I reduced the heat to low and added two minced garlic cloves.  Then I added the spinach and sauteed it just until it wilted.  I crumbled the cooked bacon and added it to the spinach before serving.  Not too shabby.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment