Monday, January 11, 2010

Garlic Basil Shrimp
















I found this recipe on the Food Network website while I was searching for some quick, healthy dishes to try. I made a few changes based on what we like and what I had on hand. It turned out really well if I do say so myself. This is the perfect meal to make if you are running short on time (as long as you buy shrimp that is already peeled and de-veined). I would suggest getting everything ready before you start cooking because the shrimp cooks quickly.


This would be a great dish to make if you are entertaining because it's fast but it looks/smells/tastes great. Top it with a little shredded parm and serve it with a salad and some garlic bread and you're set!

Here is a link to the original recipe...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/garlic-basil-shrimp-recipe/index.html
I substituted chicken broth for the white wine, added an extra garlic clove, and the juice of half a lemon at the very end. It was great served over angel hair pasta, but would be good with rice too. You could even have it on it's own. If you don't like spicy food then I suggest going really easy on the red pepper flakes (or leaving them out all together), and using two garlic cloves instead of three.



Hmmm.... think some day I might try to make this with chicken instead of shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment