Monday, January 25, 2010

Five-Spice Turkey and Lettuce Wraps With Potstickers
















I found this recipe on the Food Network's website when I was looking for some new healthy dinner options.  I didn't really make any big changes to the original recipe.  I left out the water chestnuts, but only because I forgot to put them on my grocery list ;)  I don't think that made a big difference flavor wise.

This was great for a nice light meal.  It didn't take long to make it at all.  It has a mild enough flavor that I could give some to my toddler.  If I were just making it for me I might add some red chili flakes or chili paste...just something to make it spicy, but it was really good without any added heat.

I made some pot stickers (just the store bought frozen kind) to go with the lettuce wraps.  Normally I would pan fry the potstickers, but I'm trying to be healthy so I didn't....which made less of a mess and was faster :)

Here's a link to the recipe...
 
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/eatingwell/five-spice-turkey-and-lettuce-wraps-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment